Art direction / Graphic design internship
Problem solvers and entrepreneurs at heart who have killer design instincts – We want you.
We’re looking for a full time Designer who has a strong background in graphic design, as well as, advertising, strategy and concept development. We’re a creative, strategically-focused agency with a friendly, collaborative culture – and we’re growing fast, so there’s plenty of opportunity for the right person to grow and take the lead on national brands including Comcast, Turner/CNN Networks, Whitman-Walker Health, and Discovery.
- Are self-motivated and genuinely enjoy seeing your vision come to life and take pride in every part of the process, from concept to completion.
- Have great design skills, an innovative style, plenty of energy and are hungry to do exceptional work.
- Would be comfortable taking the lead on certain projects, establishing a look and feel from scratch, as well as carrying out the vision of senior creative staff.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Graphic Design, Art Direction, Advertising or related field or minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite CS5
- Ability and understanding of design for Print and Web
- A keen eye for typography and overall strong attention to detail
- Ability to do basic photo retouching and photo manipulation
- Interest in traditional and non-traditional advertising tactics, multimedia projects, promotions and events
- Pro-active personality and good communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow and advance
- Open minded with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Salary based on experience. Three-month trial period.
Portfolios will preferably have at least one ad campaign, and self-initiated or personal projects are also encouraged.