Part-Time Contract – Remote / Hourly Rate
We are currently looking for a dynamic [part-time] Social Media Specialist to join our growing team. Are you a strategic thinker with solid social media management skills and a passion for telling stories using digital media? We need your skills to help develop, implement, and measure our Social Media strategies for a diverse portfolio of clients – with a goal of increasing engagement, online presence, and brand recognition. You’ll work closely and collaboratively with other team members to deliver optimal results in a fast-paced, client-centered environment.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Strong Understanding of Social Media Tools and Platforms: Must be proficient in the tactical use of core platforms, most notably Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. Candidates must be able to demonstrate cross-platform social media knowledge, including earned, owned and paid media. Experience with social media management systems/platforms is preferred (i.e., Sprout, Hootsuite, Falcon).
- Content Planning, Storytelling, and Community Management Experience: Mindset of a storyteller and ability to develop a narrative through content on social channels. Ability to create and maintain social media editorial calendars, plan and coordinate social content across a brand’s social eco-system for both organic and paid placements, and work closely with creatives and designers to bring that content to life. Experience with digital asset management and distribution preferred. Experience with social media community management preferred. Strong writing skills are required. Social media art direction and content planning skills are required. Candidate must be passionately interested in staying up to date on content trends for organic and paid.
- Creativity and Intermediate/Advanced Writing Ability: Creative thinking and strong writing/editing skills are required. Experience regularly drafting messages on behalf of a brand. Content specialists should know how to move audiences from awareness to conversion via social content tactics.
- Ability to Monitor and Interpret Social Media Metrics: Candidate must be well versed in social monitoring best practices and able to use online monitoring tools, platform-specific metrics insights tools and more to demonstrate reasoning behind social recommendations and track successes. Experience with social media listening tools is a plus. Candidate must know how to utilize social data to inform social content, both in the initial creation of content and in the evolution of a content over time.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating small organizations in a positive, diplomatic way. The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. Candidate is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability to Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization. Candidate must have a spirit of continuous learning and curiosity.
- Social Media Management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Contract Renewal: Likely
Full Time Opportunity Possible? Yes
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings